Surf's Up! Jacks Turns ONE!

I'm sure newbie Mom's all sound like broken records at this point, but really, HOW is my baby already a whole year old and quickly turning into a toddler? It feels like 6 months since he was a squishy sweet, non-sleeping newborn and now he is a wild, funny, sweet, WALKING almost-toddler little boy!

I have been planning Jackson's party for months and knew I wanted something beachy and fun. I started scouring Pinterest for ideas and came up with a Surfer Dude themed party. There are so many cute ideas that gave me a place to start, then my creativity kicked in...and I may have done slightly overboard! Add to the mix that we re-did our kitchen counter tops and back splash (more on that another time) AND had new stairs installed on our deck the week leading up to the party!

My father in law cut out full size surfboards that I painted and they really inspired the rest of the decorations! We couldn't figure out what surfers eat, so we went with summer food instead - BBQ and all the fixins' and side, watermelon (the birthday boy's favorite), the MOST adorable beach themed cookies, and of course cupcakes and an ombre cake for Jacks!

We had a wonderful time celebrating our boy with our family and friends! Enjoy the pictures!

  

 









 










We had a wonderful time celebrating our boy with our family and friends! Hope you enjoyed the pictures! 

Comments

Popular Posts