Ethan's First Birthday

Ethan turned one in April and we celebrated with a "you are my sunshine" party! (but I never blogged it, so I'm getting it in before he turns two! Ha!)  Most themes I found online were girl-focused, so most of his party décor was DIYed and we loved how it all came together! I ordered the invitations, cake-topper, cupcake toppers and high chair banner on Etsy and loved how they turned out. We had a brunch party and in addition to cake and cupcakes, we had chicken and waffles, chicken salad sandwiches, ham and cheese pinwheels, mini-quiche and fruit salad, as well as PB&J's and snacks for the kids. We also did a bloody mary and mimosa bar - which is a necessity when you're having a party with close to 30 small kids! I made his smash cake, just like it did for Jackson's first birthday. He wasn't too sure about his cake, but he did take a few bites...the other kids helped themselves to a few as well! We set up a jump castle in the front yard, which the older kids LOVED! We like to go big for first birthdays to celebrate making it through that amazing and exhausting first year!  We had an awesome day celebrating our sweet boy. 


I made the sun for our front door out of paint sticks we picked up at Home Depot and a wooden craft circle! It turned out so cute! The oversized windmills are from Hobby Lobby. 










 




 xo, Sarah





Comments

Popular Posts