Living Room Plans

We have been in our house for a little over a year now and I am absolutely itching to re-do some of our main spaces. Our living room is at the top of my list, but we need to replace some big ticket items (like the furniture) as well as tackle some pretty major DIY projects, so it's been in the planning phase for a while. I'm hoping to be working on this room over the next six months and I will post updates along the way! 

The style we are going for in our home is Coastal-Modern. We are trying to combine classic coastal elements with more industrial and modern elements as well. We don't want it to feel like a beach house, but also don't want it to be too industrial. 
I am IN LOVE with the IKEA Farlov sofa and plan to either do the sectional or the sofa and love seat - the jury is still out! These sofas remind me of this much pricier version from Restoration Hardware. I love the single cushion and the fact that it is slip-covered. The white sofa may seem a bit nuts since we have two little boys constantly climbing, jumping and eating on it, but our current one has an off-white slipcover and I love being able to wash it whenever I need to (which is about 1-2 time a month). 

We already own the ottoman, curtains and rug in this photo. I re-upholstered the ottoman a few months ago and will share that project soon! We also plan to replace some club chairs with leather ones and replace all of the side times and lighting in the room. 

We will be adding shiplap to our TV wall, as well as some wooden floating shelves and I love the warmth the wood tones bring to all the white. We are doing something similar in our office as well, so stay tuned! 

Check back for more style boards for our upcoming projects and updates on our spaces! 

Comments

Popular Posts