It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Decorating for Christmas is honestly something that I find completely overwhelming! I have never been one for decorating every room in my home - my Grandmother even decorates the bathroom (toilet and all!). I prefer to create a few vignettes around the house that make it feel more "holiday-ish". One of my least favorite parts of holiday decorating is hanging ornaments on the tree...I know, maybe I am a Scrooge :( but I would much rather sit and sip hot cocoa and tell the hubby where I want them hung :)

With all that said, I absolutely LOVE the way our home looks when I am all finished and without further adieu...here is our "home for the holidays"!
Our entryway:

On the right is a mini-tree I received as a gift at my Christmas Shower last year. The tall mercury glass apothecary jar is from Pottery Barn on sale last year after the holidays. The large frame holds our wedding invitation and the small frame holds one of our most favorite wedding pictures :) :) Finally I just filled a small vase with mini christmas balls from Target.


Our dining room:

Since we have a faux tree :) I wanted to use live greenery in other arrangements around the house. The color scheme in our dining room is turquiose and red so this arrangement went well. I think candles make everything seem so much more festive! The mis-matched glass taper holders are all thrift store finds and I love them! This is my favorite :)

Living Room:



This arrangement is on top of our upholstered ottoman (which I upholstered myself - a tutorial on that is coming up soon!). I filled our tray with both live and faux greenery pick from the dollar store(!!), candles, pine-cones and of course, a Poinsettia.

Kitchen:
This is just a little something from the bar in our kitchen.


Last but not least...beautiful tree!


Our tree is a gift from my grandmother and originally had very our ugly interesting fiber optic lights that constantly changed colors! For this "I only like white lights girl", that just was not working! My poor husband had to take down the tree, take apart the tree's base and figure out how to take the light wheel out. We still have fiber optic lights but at least they are only white!

Now I just wish I would keep them up all year!

*Sarah*

Comments

  1. I love everything! Especially the kitchen and dining room. Can't wait for you to come "home" and decorate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Wanna Comment??

Popular Posts