Amazing Caprese Dip

A couple weeks back I went to a girls' dinner at a friend's house and was asked to bring an appetizer. We were having Italian for dinner, so I wanted to pick something that went with the them. After searching Pinterest, I found a bunch of recipes for Caprese Dip - basically Mozzarella Caprese, turned into a dip. Sign me up! I made up my own recipe based on 3-4 different ones that I found and it was a HUGE hit! Everyone raved about it and asked for the recipe. The bonus is that it is SUPER easy to make and unlike caprese salad, you don't need the tomatoes to be in season for this to be delicious. I'll definitely be making it again soon!


CAPRESE DIP
1 block of cream cheese, room temperature
1 8zo block of mozzarella, cubed (fresh mozzarella would also be great!)
1 Cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 Cup chopped fresh basil, plus 2 TBPs to sprinkle on top
1 tsp Italian or all purpose seasoning (garlic powder, onion, basil, oregano, salt, etc)
1/2-3/4 pint halved grape tomatoes
2 TBSP balsamic vinegar (balsamic glaze is also delish!)
-Mix all cheeses, basil and seasonings together and spread into a dish (I use a glass pie dish), top with tomatoes, cut sides up and bake at 425 until bubbly (25 minutes). Top with more fresh basil and drizzle on balsamic vinegar. Serve with toasted baguette slices!


Comments

Popular Posts